How much jewelry is okay for men? Most people don’t have a problem with a watch and a wedding band but when is it just too much? Necklaces for men range from simple chains to hip hop necklace charms the size of your head. Giant diamond earring in both ears is one of the newest trends in male jewelry.
Create a tribal look with your jewelry by layering necklaces and bracelets. Take the time to match up pieces of your jewelry that look good together. The look will not be achieved by just throwing on every thing you own. Pick necklaces of varied lengths and not just one length. When layering bracelets the smaller the bracelet the better. Use chunky pieces sparingly.
Silver is one of the most popular metals used in fashion jewelry. In its purest form, the metal will rapidly oxidize and turn darker as it is exposed to the air. To avoid this tarnished look purchase silver that is labelled 925. This indicates that 92.5 percent is pure silver while the remaining 7.5 percent is copper. The trace amounts of copper prevent the silver from darkening over time.
Be aware of trends in jewelry if you are planning on purchasing new pieces for your collection. Do not spend a ton of money on the flashy trends, opt of spending more money on quality jewelry that will last and be in fashion your whole life. Spend less money on the current trends, buy it cheaper at discount stores as it probably will not be in fashion for a long period of time.
A simple string of pearls makes the most elegant jewelry gift, suitable for all ages and styles. Best of all, pearls come in such a variety of sizes, that they are affordable to anyone. A single strand of pearls, no matter the size, is a stunning addition to any woman’s jewelry wardrobe and can be worn with everything from jeans and a shirt to an evening gown.
Don’t discard your antique broach from Grandma, re-purpose it. If you put a chain through it, the broach instantly becomes a fashionable necklace. Vintage jewelry is extremely popular these days and finding a way to make it wearable makes it fashionable. Re-using is also a popular concept in our “green” society. That broach can serve you well with just a slight alteration to its use.
Invest in a jewelry box. If you keep your jewelry in different compartments of a jewelry box, it will protect your pieces from scratching one another and will slow tarnishing. When storing pearls in your jewelry box, an added measure is to place them in a piece of natural material such as a cotton pouch.
If you are not a rap artist or a sports star, don’t wear a giant necklace. It’s just not a good look. A simple chain allows men to wear a necklace without overpowering them. Men who want to add luxury to their wardrobe should invest in an expensive, high powered watch. Having jeweled or gold teeth is too far for everyone.